Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Wayward Blogger, or, how I never imagined how busy I would be after having a baby.

Wow, I'm so ashamed that it has been so long since I've blogged! There has been so much happening that I don't know where to start.

Six months ago, at this moment, our precious baby girl joined us in the world! It is so amazing how fast time flies. Everyone says this, and I always agreed, but now it seems to have increased speed exponentially! I am so grateful that we were able to bring Sophia into the world safely. There are so many tragedies that I hear about, that it breaks my heart, and I thank God everyday for our little miracle.

We had our 6 month check up on Monday. She weighs 16 lbs, 2 oz. and is 25.25 inches long. She is right at/around the 50th percentile for everything, except she's in the 99th percentile for preciousness :) She is sitting very well on her own now and may be on the verge of crawling. She's able to get her legs up under her, but hasn't quite yet made the final lift. And she has 2 bottom teeth that have erupted seemingly overnight!

About 2 weeks ago, we started rice cereal. She really was not very interested in the actual cereal, but did really enjoy chewing on that spoon! We kept at it and she did just fine. But yesterday, we found something she really liked! Carrots. She opened her mouth wide for each spoon she saw. It was so much fun. Tonight we did it again and she was just as willing. Pictures of the first feeding are below.

Other than that, everything is going just fine. We are having such a great time with our little girl. This weekend is Halloween (and we get to turn back our clocks!). Sophia is going to be the ladybug from Children's Place. I'm so glad we found it on sale and it was the last one. I had been looking at it for a while. Tomorrow she will get to dress up at the sitter's for their Halloween and fall celebration. Pictures should be on Carolyn's website soon. We also plan to go to another pumpkin patch on Saturday morning, this time with daddy. And Saturday afternoon we have a cook out at the Matthews' and our Harvest Festival at church. Whew! Glad I get an extra hour to recuperate!




With pawpaw in Fredericksburg, TX

Is that the look of innocence? I doubt it!



Our first feeding - much more interested in teething on the spoon!



At nawnaw's house in Waco. Sitting so pretty.


At the pumpkin patch looking for another teether!


Nana and Pawpaw at the pumpkin patch!
Wish we would have known Tracy was there that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment