Friday, July 10, 2009

First Day of Home Care

Well, we survived our first day of home care. I like "home care" better because she's in a home environment rather than a regular day care. It was a really good day. Originally, my plan was to go nurse her at lunch, then take her home with me. Well, she stayed all day if that tells you how comfortable I felt with her surroundings. I got a little teary-eyed as I was leaving. It was a blessing however, that my dentist was dropping her daughter off at the same time. (My dentist is married to my co-worker physical therapist and is one of the ways I found out about the home care). I left before she did and headed over to her office for my cleaning and cavity fillings. When I was sitting in the cleaning chair, she came in and told me how happy Sophia looked when she left and that she was looking all around enjoying her surroundings. This made me feel so much better! Just as a plug, I really like my dentist, she's very gentle and kind. This was a good thing, since I spent most of the morning there!

I went back over at noon to nurse her and she was so content that I decided to let her stay the whole day. She was scheduled (my provided schedule) to nap for a couple of hours in the afternoon, then have a bottle around 3, so I went back to get her at 4. When I got there, she was sitting so content in Carolyn's lap in the play room while the 2 other toddlers were playing well. It's a really peaceful setting. The kids have been playing structured play activities or napping or snacking when I've shown up, and I haven't seen any tantrums or anything. I think that's easier with the small environment. In a way, I really hope she doesn't take anymore kids in because I like the individual attention. At the end of the day, we got the sheet of how she did and the activities of the day. She did some smiling/talking, rolling from side to side, reading, etc.

Last night was not her best sleep though. She was up basically from 3:00 until 8:00. She kept fighting sleep. This is usually a sign of a restless night. Sure enough, up at midnight. Hubby gave her a bottle and tried to get her back to sleep for me so I could rest. But after 2 hours of not being able to get her to sleep, he called for reinforcements! :) I thought it was still midnight, so I was happy to know I had gotten 2 more hours of sleep! I think she just needed my soft chest because she was asleep in about 10 minutes. But...not for long. She was up at 4 am hungry. So we nursed and fell asleep in the chair. I woke up about 7:20 which kinda ruined our last "practice run" before going back to work. When I return to work, I need to be out of the house by 7:30 and that was not going to happen this morning. Daddy to the rescue again. I nursed her and he took her over there by 8:15 since he doesn't have to be at work until 4. We are going to try to get back on our schedule!

This morning I'm off to a massage before I go nurse her. Then this afternoon I think it's time for a manicure. Yesterday was haircut day. Not sure what else I need to do before going back to work, but I'm sure it will come to me on Monday!

This is me with only a small sign of teary eyes. :)

This was about 30 minutes after I left. Perfectly happy to be swinging.

She's happy in the bouncy seat.

In her "bed" happy to smile for the camera.

Thanks for keeping up with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment