Friday, September 18, 2009

That was too deep...

Ok, so apparently that last blog was way too deep...I had to take several weeks off to recover. Ha.

Actually, I've been traveling up and down these Texas roads....almost sounds like a song. We started off 4 weeks ago in Corpus Christi. Then the past 2 weekends we went to Belton. Now, we are home for a while! No more travels for us tired folk. This is going to be mostly a picture blog. I'm ok with that! :) Captions below will tell more. I'm just really sad I didn't get my camera out at church in Corpus! :( real bummer!

John has started his 6 weeks of training in Bastrop. We dropped him off last weekend and he's back now for the weekend. We're doing well, but we sure are glad to see him this weekend! It's hard to feel sorry for him to get to stay in such a beautiful place! I think Bastrop State Park is one of the prettiest in the state.


Sophia with Amanda, one of my friends and former co-workers from Corpus. She's working on her second little one who will be just as cute as the first!


This is Andrew, one of Sophia's future boyfriends. I also used to work with his parents, Denise and Stephen in Corpus.


Speaking of Denise and Drew....


This is my dad's Aunt Pat, her daughter Dodi, son-in-law Barry, grandson and great-granddaughter and great-niece Sophia.

Melodie and Mark with Mitchell (one of their 4 :)

Mitchell was so sweet with Sophia. He has a really caring spirit about him.

Mike and Martha with Mitchell and Marshall

The kitchen was a frequent hang out while we lived in Corpus! Good times!

Teacher, turned mentor, now friend, Shannon with one of her girls Avery.

Good college friend Jennifer with her two kids Matthew and Genesis.

Good college friend Amy with her daughter Mayan.

Here we all are, I finally got to join the girls as mommy!
Me, Sophia, Genesis, Mayan, Matthew, Jennifer, Amy, and Avery


Labor Day in Belton, Aunt Molly came down to visit! My girl!

Nana, Sophia and Mommy!
We went back for our 3rd weekend traveling. Got some really cute fall pictures. Thanks Nana for setting it up so nice!

Pawpaw and his little girl
While in Belton, I got on a kick making burp cloths. Once back in Uvalde, I went to Keepsake Kottage and they embroidered them for me! So cute. I like to give the burp cloths as gifts. We happen to go through a lot of burp cloths and bibs since Sophia's a spitter! I know the cloths say Sophie, but that's ok. Either works. Also had the diaper bag embroidered. I had wanted it done for a long time and when I went in and mentioned it, he was able to do it right then and there. This is a pro of living in a small town.



(The camo cloth was for daddy!)

Thanks for keeping up with us. I'll try to be better about updating, but Sophia's stocking kit came in and I need to get on that soon too!!! Oh, and there's this pesky little defensive driving course I need to complete....ugh. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment