Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!




It's our first father's day here in the Galysh household and I know one proud papa! :) Aren't they just precious together?



I was going to try to get a picture taken at church, but Sophia was tired and got a little fussy, so once I got her to sleep, I didn't want to wake her up. We may try to get another one before daddy goes to work today. This was taken by my outstretched arm. I'm trying to find a good place to set up the mini tripod and camera timer.

So, let's see what's been going on the past week...It's amazing how much I forget! I think the lack of sleep does that for you.

Speaking of sleep, we've had a couple nights where baby girl has slept 6 hours. This has been so nice! I can usually get 5 hours out of that time. We're working on some scheduling so that when I go back to work, it will be easier to function. During the day, I wake her up every 2 1/2 to 3 hours. We eat. Then we have a little awake time and then attempt to nap. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. There are some between feeding periods where she is just too wound up to sleep. Hopefully in the next few weeks, she will be on some sort of a schedule.

I have to go back to work on July 13th. Sad to be leaving the baby, but glad to have income again! We had set up to take her to the day care at the FUMC here in town. Then we got a call from a friend of our's who is familiar with the day care. She told us that if there were not 4 infants, then there would be no class. Which translates into no care for Sophia. Eek. This is not good news. But, when I was up at the hospital seeing my co-workers last week, one of them told me about an in-home day care by a lady who has 20+ years experience as a director of daycare. She said her child loves it. We will check it out on Monday.

We go for our 8 week check up and shots on Tuesday. Daddy's off on Tuesdays and Wednesdays this month, so he gets to go with us. Then he gets to watch baby girl while I go to a dental appointment that afternoon. We may try to go to San Antonio on Wednesday to get some 8 week baby pictures at Sears or JC Penney. Not sure just yet.

That's about all I know...or about all I can write, since my little angel is hollering from her crib :) We hope you all have a blessed father's day and are as blessed as I am to have good daddy's in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment